Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat

Halloween started out with a bit of a trick last night. I went to feed the fish, after the kids were in bed, and discovered that several had died. They'd been fine just a couple hours before then all the sudden... There were a few left alive so I decided to try and salvage them. I got them all scooped out into a bowl. I left the bowl on the counter while I cleaned out the fish tank. Apparently it was more than a certain striped feline could resist. Just as I was finishing the tank at the sink I heard *splash* I turned around to see the cat's tail darting behind the wall and the five remaining fish flopping around on the floor. Now I don't know about you, but touching fish is not my favorite thing to do, yet what else could I try? I scooped them back into the bowl, poured water in and hoped they made it through the night. I put them in a cupboard to avoid a third near-death experience in one day.

This morning I got everything set up again and amazingly, all five fish survived the night. Hopefully they'll make it over the next few days/weeks while the tank finishes cycling. Chasing fish is not my favorite activity - especially while they flop around the floor.

The cause of the second fish misadventure of last night, in his Halloween costume

The night went much better. I got Luigi and Star Wars Clone Trooper all dressed up and makeup applied. Little Man was insistent we drive into Tallahassee to Trick or Treat at the mall, so that's what we did. Beans was having a bit of an off day, a little cough, a little tummy trouble, so he wore his pump and we were thankful for his chair. There were several stores giving out candy, but it was enough to make the boys happy. :)


Little Man got a little overstimulated by all the people but he's made so much progress lately. When it got too much for him he shoved his candy bag into my hand and used his words to tell me he'd had it. We were able to find a quiet store to slip into while he calmed down. What an improvement! Instead of ruining the night it was one little blip.

On the drive home we were laughing our butts off. I can't even remember what was so funny but we had the best time cracking each other up. They're now properly sugared, bathed and teeth brushed so I suppose I should get them into bed. Little Man's nurse will be here soon and they're both still up. Happy Halloween!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment