Sunday, August 23, 2009

Special Visitors

My brother C and his family (wife A, 21 month old G and 11 month old O) came to visit this week. We saw them for a couple hours on Friday night (Happy Birthday Dad!) and spent the whole day with them yesterday. Little Man and Beans were so excited to see them, they couldn't wait. They love babies anyway but especially with these ones were extra special since they're their cousins.
We started off Saturday with a trip to St. George Island. It was the perfect day to go. Beautiful weather, perfect waves and, to my amazement, few people. The kids had so much fun. G started off playing in the sand while Little Man and Beans went straight for the water.
G couldn't resist the excitement for long so soon he had C in the water with him and A followed soon after. It was a series of giggles, laughter and shrieks of glee that followed. Waves splashing, little boys soaked and happy and a lot fun was had by all.
After we finished at the beach, I watched G and O so the adults could go out sailing and then out to dinner. I'm not sure if the kids had more fun at the beach or just playing together at the house that evening. O crawled so fast to explore everything, it was just adorable. Quite the little princess she is. Soo beautiful, made me wish I had a little girl.
And G, oh how precious is he! He reminds me sooo sooo much of Little Man at that age. From his love of ceiling fans (I couldn't turn it off or he'd look up at it and uhhh! uhhh! until I turned it back on), to his total lack of stranger anxiety and love of doing everything, to his speech which seems much like Little Man's at that age, to being such a happy little boy. I could just eat him up. Little Man and G had the greatest time together.

After dinner was over, C came to pick up his little ones. Little Man was so exhausted from our busy day that he actually put himself to bed a while before C came. It was sure hard to tell them all goodbye. Enjoy those precious babies C and A!

Tomorrow starts a new week, and a most exciting one for me. My classes start tomorrow! I'm looking forward to getting my nursing degree and can't wait to get started on it. Tomorrow night Little Man also starts guitar lessons with a new teacher. He really liked the old one but the teacher had to quit for a while so he starts with the new one tomorrow evening. Changes are hard for Little Man so I'm crossing my fingers that things work out. Playing the guitar is his dream so he's willing to put up with things he'd normally have a much harder time with in order to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment