Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hope in the Morning?

As we settle down for bed here in the Ronald McDonald House in Orlando, I can't help but have hope for the morning. When the kids see their GI will Beans finally be given the go ahead to start food trials - after nearly a year of NPO - nothing by mouth? Will the doctor or dietician have a good idea of how to get enough calories in him while still letting him be a normal little kid out playing?

And Little Man, will we find a way to ease his tummy troubles? The increased Prevacid has helped enough that he's started to eat again, but he's still bringing food up many times a day. It's hard to know when you're doing enough and when you need to do more when he can't let you in on what's going on inside that body of his very well.

So many questions, hopefully we'll have some answers tomorrow. This doctor has been really good about trying to schedule any tests Beans has needed while we're already in town so hopefully we can continue that trend as well, even if we need to hang out for the weekend.

The kids were great on the 5 hour drive down. We listened to almost all of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on cd again. That sure helps the time fly. When we exited the turnpike my car tried to make a dash onto I-4 West on that last little jog to Sea World and Disney, but I was able to grudgingly convince it we had to take I-4 East towards downtown and the hospital. Beans desperately wants to go to Sea World for his birthday on the 23rd, but I just don't think I can pull it off. I hate being so close and still having to say no. Just one of those things though. :)

The kids are already sound asleep so I suppose I should follow. Hoping for good news tomorrow!

2 comments: