Thursday, December 10, 2009

Little Sicky Man


Poor Little Man is feeling miserable. His teacher called yesterday for me to come pick him up. I got to his school and he was laying on the classroom couch obviously sick. He didn't even look up when I came into the room. I brought him home and he had the most pathetic little voice. Today he woke up with a barking cough and possibly even more pathetic looking. He's got a low grade fever, sore throat, cough, asthma acting up, horrible congestion and a headache. He only drank 8 oz over the course of the day. He did find enough energy to sit and play the computer for a while, but spent most of the day watching Nick Jr.

His evening nurse started today and she watched him while Beans and I ran out to get something he would drink. We got home and I woke Little Man and got a few ounces of Gatorade in him. His new nurse is so good with him. She directed him through all his evening steps with patience and watched him while I helped Beans do his homework without the normal constant interruptions. I even got in some study time for my last final tomorrow.

Tonight he's sleeping on the couch, propped up. He's needing his inhaler/nebulizer every 2 to 4 hours so my alarm is set for 3 am (his nurse is a CNA and not allowed to give meds). Nurse B is watching him closely and will come get me if he gets worse in the night.

Tomorrow I'll have to take him with me to my final. There's no way he can go to school and noone can really watch a sick Little Man. Wish me luck and concentration and please send Little Man all the get well wishes you can spare. He has his Christmas guitar recital on Saturday and has been working so hard for weeks on this. He needs to feel better so he can perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment