Monday, July 13, 2009

Congratulations Little Man!

Saturday Little Man got a very important letter in the mail. In May we had turned in a scholarship application for his guitar lessons. This was quite the endeavor for him. They required a 400-600 word handwritten essay about what the child's goals are and such. That is way beyond Little Man's capabilities so his music teacher said to let him type what he could. He ended up composing an essay, about 50-100 words, that basically said he was 9 years old and loves music. That he saw the movie "Miracle Run" about the boy with autism who learned to play the guitar and he wanted to do the same. I wrote a little note about his abilities in the area where he was supposed to write his essay. His music teacher, who was also his music therapist at school last year, also wrote a letter.

I am very excited to announce that our own Little Man is one of the ten selected scholarship recipients for this year!!! He is so incredibly proud of himself and I really appreciate how big of a deal his aunts, uncles and cousins have made of this. For him to have something to be so proud of right now is just perfect timing.


The scholarship will pay for his lessons for this fall and spring term and for up to six years if he's making adequate progress. They have specific ways of determining progress, but I am hopeful that since they granted him this opportunity, that they will also be flexible in his progress. So please join me in congratulating our newest musician - our own Little Man!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Koty,

    I am so very proud of you! You are going to be such a great guitar player. I know you will work very hard at your lessons and that you will love to practice.

    Thank you for being such a great young man and for making your family proud. We all love you very much!

    Love,
    Aunt Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Little Man! I am so proud of you! You may or may not know that I play guitar, so I am especially happy for you! Hugs and kisses (yes, kisses from your Grandma!). I love you! Love,Grandma DeEtte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your boy! You must be so proud of him, I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Koty! What an exciting time for you with your first scholarship (of many to come). You said you wanted to give me a picture to frame, I would like this one of you playing your guitar. I'm very proud of you and can't wait to play my drums while you play your guitar.
    Love you so very much,
    Grandma Janis

    ReplyDelete