Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Day at the Beach a.k.a. Shark!

Today we went to Shell Point Beach at Little Man's request. We arrived to see a bunch of people fishing. As we walked by, a guy was reeling in a big fish he had caught. I got our sheet spread out and the boys raced into the water.

There's excitement just up the beach a few yards. What are they saying? Shark?!? Yes, SHARK. My boys are in the water. I yell and Beans comes running, Little Man is completely oblivious and starts to come then turns around and goes back. I get him out of the water and we run up to where the people are fishing. Sure enough, one of them had caught a baby hammerhead shark. It was probably around 2 feet long. They unhooked it then set it back in the water.

Beans couldn't handle the excitement and, before I could stop him, ran right in after the shark. Oh boy. The shark was mad and first came charging up at all the people standing there, so we all moved back. Then it turned back towards the ocean. Beans, being Beans and all, ran after it! He actually reached out and grabbed it but thank goodness it slipped out of his hand. I snapped this pic right before he reached out to grab it.
I then grabbed Beans and we left Hammerhead to swim home while we went back down the beach a bit. Little Man was completely oblivious to all the excitement. Even though I made him run down with us and all, it wasn't until quite a while later that he realized there was a shark. Lol. He's quite happy to stay in his own little world. :)

1 comment:

  1. A shark?? Wow, exciting and scary at the same time. I am glad your Beans didn't get bit.

    ReplyDelete