Friday, July 3, 2009

Toads and Fish and Bird Eggs...

that's what little Beans are made of. ;)

Today we drove into Tallahassee to go to Tom Brown Park as Crawfordville has a serious playground deficiency. The boys had a great time. We found a nice playground shaded by the surrounding trees with one other little boy there. Little Man spent his time running around on the equipment. I took a spray bottle with us so I'd mist him every so often to help him stay cool. He was plenty hot still but had a great time.Beans on the other hand is always more interested in finding something to catch and bring home. *Sigh* First he found a toad. We have many toads in our backyard as do Grandma and Grandpa. It never ceases to enthrall Blade though and he is determined to catch the ones he sees.He is very careful with his little friends I have to admit. He catches them and looks at them but will go put them down safely when I tell him to. He was doing just that, putting toady down by some trees, when he found a bird egg. Oh joy. LOL. It was neat though I have to admit. It was intact all except for one end where the bird had hatched. This was one treasure he wasn't willing to give up.How in the world do you get something as fragile as an egg safely home with two rambunctious boys in the car? I asked myself the same thing. Beans lucked out. I always have 60 cc syringes with us to give his feedings and they come in individual plastic cases. I just took out the new syringe and voila! an egg case.

After securing the precious egg shell, we wandered down to the pond. Little Man has a current obsession with fishing, although as you can probably guess, the one time we did take him fishing he was bored out of his mind and spent the whole time pulling it in then throwing it back out. Well anytime we're around water he starts in on the fishing mantra again. Then Beans saw a fish. A dead fish. Floating in the pond. B: "Mom, can I take that fish home?"
M: "No Beans it's dead and has lots of germs."
B: "I'll scoop it into the syringe case and won't touch it with my hands."
M: (Thinking Ewwwww!) "No Beans , that's gross. It's dead."
B: "Then can I catch a live one? It won't have so many germses."
M: (Shaking my head) "No Beans, it will soon be dead if you take it home. Let's go get in the car."

We had quite a nice trip to the park. Two worn out boys who were full of giggles on the drive home, even without a toad or dead fish. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment