Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Moments with Beans

I swear this kid cracks me up. He's given me so many of those try-not-to-laugh-while-you're-disciplining moments.
For example, at the 4th of July parade there was a float and soldiers marching for the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Remember we only moved down here to the south a year ago and previously lived in Utah. As the parade entry marches by Beans blurts out loudly, "We won the war, right Mom?" Ummm....yes son, the North did win but I think it's time to change the subject as an inquiring mind starts to ask questions about "what was that war about anyways?"

Let's not forget yesterday when I asked him to pick up his toys from outside. He announced quite impatiently that he needed to use the restroom first. I turn around to see him with his pants half way down and "watering" the tree...now of course the tree he chose wasn't one in the vast forest behind us, but the one solitary tree viewable from the road. Mr. Innocent? I don't think so. :P

He also has such a sweet, caring side especially for animals. Beans, Little Man, and the next door neighbors enjoy watching the toads and spend a lot of time doing so each day. Today when they went outside, one of them was dead. Mr. Toady had a sad accident with a splinter apparently. Beans cried and cried and had Little Man make Toady a gravestone and the neighbors held a funeral. Good bye poor Toady.

In other news, we're still waiting on Little Man's genetics results. I am hoping for an answer so badly. Waiting on Beans wasn't that because I hadn't expected them to find anything, but since they did and now we're waiting on Little Man's it's taking a toll on my nerves. We should hear something any day now I hope.

Other than that, we're enjoying the last couple weeks of summer. The kids go back to school on August 13th. The big change around here is that I'm going back to college to get my nursing degree! My classes start on August 24th and honestly, I'm excited.

Before then I have a meeting or two for college, Beans sees immunology in Gainesville on August 4th, hopefully a genetics appt soon with results, I have Beans health meeting with the nurse, his teacher and various other staff about his tube feeding and other needs for school, multiple therapy appts and Open House at both boys' schools. Throw in back to school shopping and the normal day to day of these little men and we're a busy family. :D

1 comment:

  1. Here I am without a clue that you even had a blog. Your boys are very handsome little dudes. :)

    ReplyDelete