Friday, July 15, 2011

Ramblings

Yes, another rambling post. I can either try and make it short(er) with my random thoughts or write a novel in well thought out paragraphs. Since I still have a million things to do tonight, guess which it's going to be. ;)

Yesterday we tried out the park in our new hometown. It was finally a cooler day, Beans had a water bottle with a fan, we were well stocked in Pedialyte, and there is a splash pad there. Between everything the kids were able to handle the temperature and played for almost three hours. There were a ton of kids there and both of mine, but especially Beans, loved playing with them. I'm sure we'll be spending plenty of time there - and they have fall soccer so Beans will be thrilled!

I'm still working on getting our apartment. :( I'm really picky about the area and there aren't that many apartments in that area, especially ones with empty units, so the hunt continues. There's a certain elementary school I would much prefer the kids go to (Beans will go to the school we're zoned for, Little Man will go to whichever full time special ed classroom the district determines he best fits in), and for sure a school district I want them in so I'm hoping I can find the perfect home for us...or at least one we can deal with for a year that's in the right area.

Our friend Pax gave Little Man the most awesome gift - his old wheelchair. Little Man can definitely walk, but he's so floppy that it's hard, takes a really long time and usually ends up with swollen, hurting joints. When we took a trip to the mall with him in the chair, for the first time I literally chased him! Now I've "chased" after him as he's wandered off a million times, but this time I ran after him! He is so thrilled with the new freedom.

The drive between Hartford and Boston is so beautiful. I'd prefer it was a bit shorter since we're making it so often right now, but I have to admit I love driving through the hills surrounded by trees. It reminds me of I-80 by Park City in Utah in summer, but more green and less steep parts. :P

I suppose it's time to get meds and a feed done. Keep your fingers crossed that we can find and get into the right apartment for us. I really love this area and am so thrilled with our move, if this last detail will fall into place we'll be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment