Sunday, September 13, 2009

I Get to Plan a Real Birthday Party!!!

Little Man has a birthday coming up on October 8th. We've celebrated every year of course but he's never had a friend party cause he just wasn't really aware enough to make it worth it...oh yeah and only has had like one friend in his life. :( Well this year is different. He is so excited! I asked him if he wanted me to bring cake to his class and we could celebrate there for his friends party. Oh yes! Bring the cake and celebrate but he wants a REAL friends party! I asked him what he wanted and he has his heart set on a party at the park with a pinata. He wants his friends from school (there's 4 others in his class) and the kids next door that he's played with all summer to come. I'm so excited!

Now I need to pull details together. What do you do with 9 kids (provided everyone comes) at the park? Little Man is turning 10 and his classmates are about the same age. All of them are autistic and have the accompanying developmental delays. The next door neighbors are neurotypical and 9, 10 and 12 or so but they are great and patient with Little Man. Beans of course is 8 and will be there but the focus will be on Little Man. I hope at least a couple of his friends show up. He'll be so devestated if they don't.

I need to find a theme for him and then I'll be on the prowl for plates and napkins, cake, party favors and his much anticipated pinata! I can't forget the snacks and balloons! Oh this is so great!

He has several things he wants for his birthday too! He's usually hard to buy for but he's been asking for things on commercials. His biggest request right now is another remote control helicopter. He loves them so much but they're quite fragile so only last a few months. Transformers and some sort of castle building set (Trio?) is on his list too. The trick is finding things he wants that he can actually do. Oh this is going to be fun! I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment