Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Little Man Made My Day!

Have I ever told you that I have the sweetest 9 year old ever? This morning before he climbed on the bus he stopped and gave me a hug! I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened unprompted. Sure, maybe it's part of the routine since I always ask him for a hug before he goes but this was of his own initiation. Melts this Mommy's heart. As part of the autism he's not big on being touched and rarely initiates physical contact so this was so great.

AND...as if that wasn't enough...I spent all weekend studying for a big psychology test on Monday. On Sunday night he hands me an envelope and tells me to open it when I get to my test. I get to school and open it and there's a note that says "good be lucky". Again, melted my heart. He is just such a bright light in my life.

The boys both brought home their midterm report cards yesterday. Beans did incredibly well! One B and the rest A's with multiple 100's! Wow! See my little sponge soaking up this knowledge? Little Man has been working very hard as well and I am so proud of him. He's made a ton of progress especially socially in these few short weeks. Plenty of sunshine going around here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment